This is the BEST Workout to do anywhere without weights and still gain strength! Try this workout when you do not have access to any equipment, whether it be in your home or in a hotel room traveling on the road. You will be surprised what a great workout you can get just with your own body weight! There are 4 upper body exercises, 4 lower body exercises and 2 Ab/core (this is your abs & lower back) exercises.
First warm up for about 5 minutes with jumping jacks, jumping rope (pretend there’s a rope) or jogging place……..anything to get your heart rate up and body warmed up.
Keep the workout simple and easy with 3 sets of 20 for each , it should only take you 30 minutes to get a great workout! If you have more time or energy, add more reps or do the full routine a second time!
UPPER BODY EXERCISES:
- Tricep dips – legs extended, hands shoulder width apart, straighten arms, keep slight bend in elbows and slowly bend and lower your body to the floor then raise back up. Keep your core tight (ok my clients get so tired of hearing this, but it does strengthen your core & protect your lower back)
- Push ups – (mens or women’s style depending on your strength) lie facing the floor, keep back straight, hands shoulder width apart, slowly lower body to floor then raise up. Did you know why pushups are so difficult? You are rising up 75% of your body weight!
- Lat pulldown – there are no weights being used so you really need to pull down like you have great resistance against you. Close handed grip then pull your elbows down and squeeze your upper back as you lower your hands, then very slowly raise your hands up.
- Chest press to back fly – again there are no weights being used so squeeze like you have great resistance both ways. Close handed grip, elbows bent, shoulders lowered then slowly bring hands together in front (keeping elbows bent) then slowly bring hands back as far as you can using great resistance .
LOWER BODY EXERCISES:
- Lunge – static lunge (stay in one place vs. walking lunges) place one foot forward, knee bent over foot (do not extend past your foot, that places too much pressure on your knee) back leg extended, slowly lower body to the floor and then extend back to starting position. Do reps all on the one leg then switch an put other foot forward.
- Prisoner squat – stand with feet shoulder width apart, place hands behind your head, bend with your knees and hips, like your sitting in a chair. Keep your head and chest up as your slowly lower then raise back to starting position.
- Squat – stand with feet shoulder width apart, hands on your hips, lower to a squatting position and pulse for a count of 30.
- Side lunge – start in standing position & hand on hips, then take a large step to one side, bending your knee, making sure it does not extend past your foot, and keep other leg straight, then push off with bent leg back to the standing position, then lunge to the opposite side. This counts as one rep.
- Crunches – lie flat on your back, knees bent, resting your head in your hands, elbows extended out (do not pull on your neck, your head is just slightly resting in your hands) push the small part of your lower back to the floor and begin to roll your shoulders off the floor and contract your core muscles. Slow controlled movement going up and coming down all while contracting your abdominal muscles.
- Side Crunch – lie on your side, legs extended straight out, top foot placed on bottom foot, one arm bent on floor with shoulder above elbow, slowly raise hip off the ground and then slowly lower. This is not a big move, but must be slowly controlled. Make sure you keep your core tight to protect your lower back. If this move is too difficult for you, bend your knees and keep them on the ground while raising your hips off the floor.
GREAT JOB completing the best workout to do without weights!
If you have the energy and time, do the routine a second time; if not, stretch out, then drink LOTS of water and go have a FABULOUS DAY!
CLOTHING: Top by Athleta, Bottoms by Athleta, Sports bra by Athleta