Too hot to exercise outside, then hit the pool or lake!
This is an excellent way to burn fat, tone your muscles & get your heart rate up!
The water is a fabulous way to get a great workout in and most all of these exercises can be done not only in a pool, but also at the lake. If you are traveling and staying at a hotel, head to the pool or nearby lake. Another option is to look up where your local public city pool is located and take your workout there. In the summertime, when I do pool exercises, it is one of the most refreshing, invigorating, yet still very challenging workouts I do. So many people are surprised what a tough workout you can get in the pool . . . this is not the 90’s water aerobics workout! Just ask my husband, Tom, and our kids, I have made all of them do these workouts too and they were surprised the great workout they got done in the pool!
ITEMS: There are 2 items that I love for my pool fitness when I do this workout, the kick board and AquaFit water gloves. It is not a requirement, but it will make such a difference in your workout. You can see my links below, if you are wanting more information.
DO: for this workout, it depends on the size of pool or lake, so I will recommend a time for this section. Each lap type exercise (kick board), do for 5 minutes. The “stationary” exercises do each movement for 1 minute, rest, then 1 minute again.
POOL FITNESS TO BURN FAT & TONE MUSCLES WORKOUT
BOOTY KICK (forwards/backwards)
- Grab your kick board, extend your arms straight forward, keep your abs tight. Alternate each knee into the chest while flexing your foot and fully extending the other leg.
- Reverse the movement keeping arms forward on the kick board, but now pike at the waist and kick forward alternating each knee forward.
- Grab your kick board, extend your arms straight forward, keep your abs tight. Bend your knees while flexing your feet.
- Extend your legs and then go right into the bending of your knees again, like a frog.
- Grab the kick board with your left hand extending your left arm straight, core tight and bring your right knee into your chest.
- Alternate your knees bringing each one to your chest while the other leg is fully extended. Alternate to the right side on your next lap.
- This will really get your heart rate up, hence the major burning of fat! Place your hands behind you on a ledge (or you can even hold onto another person, if that are able to stand upright) bring your knees upwards, core tight and kick as hard as you can for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 more times if you can.
- Flip over and now face downwards while keeping you hands on a ledge and core tight. Bring your feet behind you and kick as hard as you can for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 more times if you can.
- With your gloves on (this creates the resistance to accelerate your heart rate, while toning your body) bring one arm straight and forward while the other one is backwards and your foot should be the opposite of your hands.
- Jump up into the air while changing the one arm forward and the other leg backwards.
- With your gloves on (again great resistance for toning and elevated heart rate) lower into squatting position while bringing your straightened arms out to the side.
- Jump upwards while bringing your straightened arms down by your side and feet together.
- Keep those gloves on! Jump while your hands are on the opposite side of your body as your bent knees.
- Jump the opposite direction, just like you are jumping side to side.
- Gloves still on! Bend your knees and twist your body at your waist putting your arms in the opposite direction.
- Jump up and twist into the other direction with arms and feet.
- Last time with your gloves! Get into squatting position and arms straight forward.
- Jump up into the air bringing arms by your side like you are jumping over a box and land and then jump backwards.
Speedo AquaFit Gloves
You should feel STRONGER . INVIGORATED . REFRESHED . AWESOME now go make yourself a protein smoothie and enjoy the last month of summer!
Christie, “your personal trainer to Get Fit & Stay Fit”
LINK BELOW TO SOME OF MY FAVORITE SMOOTHIES!
This site contains occasional affiliate links (like Amazon Affiliates) to better serve you in finding the products to assist you in your Fit Life. I do receive commission on the sale of these products, yet the prices are not any higher. I will ONLY recommend products that I use and feel will be beneficial to my readers. You can always trust me to give an honest opinion that will bring you helpful advice with encouraging content.